Thursday, August 26, 2010

T is for Today

Today I had a revelation. I realized that I need a challenge. Something that will move me out of my cozy comfort zone and stretch me into a better form of me. In thinking deeper through this, I tried to think of what I could do. I also thought about how long I could do... it.. to be significantly substantial in my life. Within those passion driven, somewhat aimless thoughts, I remembered how inspired I was by the movie Julie and Julia. Not so much by the movie, although I do love Amy Adams, but the idea, motivation and determination she had to successfully complete a challenge... no matter what.

So, as you can see, I immediately started thinking about what I could do that would radically change my life in one year. In order to do this, you have to do something that you're passionate about. How hard would it be for someone who can't sew and is clumsy around a pair of scissors to say that they want to make a new dress everyday for a year?! That wouldn't be exciting, that would be utter torture.

After much thought, and a few Sara B. songs of encouragement later, I thought of what I'm going to do. For one year, 365 days, everyday (to the best of my ability) I'm going to commit to one blog entry.

Lame? Anti-climatic? Were you expecting something more? Well, let me explain. Writing, has always been something I'm passionate about. I have started, stopped and restarted, to only stop again, numerous books. Over the summers, my parents, both master's barring educators (you know we didn't get away with anything!) would give me one word. Red. Boat. Sun. And I would write an entire story around that word. Ha! I loved it! (Stop laughing, that's what I thought was fun during the summers!)

Even though now, I get to write on a daily basis at work, I don't always have the free will to write about anything I'm feeling or experiencing.

I'm definitely not promising a novel every entry, but I am going to (try) and promise at least one entry on a thought, something silly, a picture, etc. I had throughout any given day. That shouldn't be too hard, right?! Hopefully, on August 26, 2011, I can sit here and type my final entry. An entry I'll go ahead an title, A is for Accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment