Sunday, August 15, 2010

R is for Ring


On my amazing trip to Ethiopia last year, I bought this ring I saw a lot of Ethiopian women wearing and it has quickly become a signature piece I wear everyday. I love this ring. It consists of seven thin rings held together by a band. The Ethiopian story behind this type of ring says that the rings represent the seven days of the week and the band is a prayer over the seven days that binds them together. Simply beautiful.

The interesting part about this is that today, was such an awfully hard, taxing, bad day... and one of the seven rings broke. While that brought a baby tear to my eye, the awesome part about this is that the prayer band is still in tact.

Moral of this story you ask?! Whether in a piece of jewelry or in life, prayer holds everything together.

3 comments: