Monday, April 6, 2009

Justification

The word, "justify," is, by far, one of my least favorite words. In the secular sense, "justify," to me, means, that one thing is deemed "Ok" because of something else. I hate, more than anything, when people's actions, words and attitudes are "justified" by others. In my life, I have, unfortunately and sadly, been treated badly to only hear from others that the person who wronged me, said or did whatever because they were upset, in a bad mood, stressed or frustrated. What right, does this person have to treat someone else badly just because their day isn't going smoothly? I completely understand that days are tough, things go wrong, issues come up and times get tough, but in all of that, how is it "Ok" to TREAT someone else, a person, like they are nothing? I, so often, have to remember that these individuals that treat me, and others, like this, DON'T OWE ME ANYTHING. People, unfortunately, will always let me down. They will come up short. They will disappoint.

However, being a Christian, I have to remember... constantly, that I can NOT put my self value, self worth, happiness or feelings in other people. But, I can put all of that in the Lord. Being firmly planted and rooted in the Lord means, I find my identity in Him alone, and not in what others say to me, think about me or do to me. Yes...these things definitely still hurt just the same, but the sting of these actions or words are quickly swept away because I fall back on the knowledge and understanding that the Lord is, and will always be, my only constant.

No comments:

Post a Comment