Thursday, September 3, 2009

R is for RUNNER!

I never in my life would have ever thought that I, Kim Jamieson, would be called a runner. But this morning...just a few minutes ago... I made swift strides right into that title! I just completed a 4.82 mile run! And, to top it off, I really wasn't that tired at the end. In past attempts at running, I failed miserably. During every "run" I would think awful hate thoughts to myself for even trying to accomplish a feat, that was obviously out of my realm of fitness. I used to have to mentally tell myself not to turn around and walk back home to the new bag of salt and vinegar, kettle cooked chips, chocolate chip cookies, popcorn, PBR, pizza and any other pastry I had in my house.

But today, I turned my jams up and kept telling myself, "One step at a time, one step at a time!" So with this new found like...definitely not love yet...for running, I think I am going to officially sign up for my first race. As the training continues, I'll be sure to document my progress...or lack thereof! Keep me... and my legs...in your thoughts as I venture into the wonderful world of running!

No comments:

Post a Comment