Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm Just Going To Say It...

I would love to be an news anchor! There...I said it! It's out in the open and I can finally breathe freely! Every since I was a little girl, I knew this was a deep passion of mine. In the mornings when my mother was braiding my hair and working herself into a tizzy trying to find the perfect coordinating bows, ribbons, scrunches and do-da's, I was glued to the "Today Show" fervently trying to mimic everything the anchors and news reporters were doing. Literally every morning, while eating my non-frosted, strawberry Pop-Tarts or spooning in some Crispix and just enough 2% so they would be crunchy until the very end, I would recite (in unison with the broadcaster)..."Live from studio 1-A in Rockefeller Plaza, with Katie Couric and Matt Lauer, this is Today on NBC." My mom, in the most encouraging voice you can imagine would say, "Kimberly, you know that if your heart longs to be on TV then you can do anything you set your mind to!"

Now, ump-teen years later, I finally took my mother's "after school special" advice and jumped on the opportunity to do a promotional video for my church! Having the chance to get mic-ed up and read off a teleprompter was the best experience for a once little girl that dreamed of the bright lights and big city! So, below is my very first "news caster" experience! Hope you enjoy! (What I'm talking about is pretty amazing and you can learn more about it at TOMSshoes)


6 comments:

  1. What an awesome cause! Oh, and you did GREAT as a news anchor, such a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Good job--and those are some killer hand gestures you got going on..seriously..totally Ryan Seacrest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'd be a GREAT newscaster!!! Do it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job, you. next time you should do a news story on how awesome shawn eubanks is. it could change the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim! It's Megan! I love your video :)!!!!! You did so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please update your blog. I need some good reading material. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete